Tuesday, July 31, 2007

magic and tragic: preaching buffett on the 9th sunday after pentecost

Yesterday, I preached a revised version of this sermon at our mainline evangelical church.

Any new thoughts?

Other than the comments about my closing song, the one the sticks out to me was from a parishioner who said, "I wasn't real sure where you were going, but you brought it all together in the end."

I've got the audio if anyone can tell me how to get it online.

Plus, it reminded me that I wanted to get this memoir to read.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The sermon was great-
I was not sure where you were going either-
but that just keeps one on their toes for the messages and guidance in the words of faith . . .

Loved it!
Memorable
(a post-forty ZBC Pirate?)

Jeff said...

I went back and read that sermon again, and saw that I had posted on there about it meaning something to me in that moment.

And it did this time too. Something resonates about the journey through faith.

I think it's tempting to point our fingers at other people and say "they're not postmodern enough" or whatever. But I think wisdom says that God is in anything that his people are being led to do through faith. God has led us here, both the church and us personally.