Monday, August 01, 2005

Sporadically, I watch The Daily Show with John Stewart. On one particular episode, Stewart (the show's host) made a music recommendation that I must acknowledge gratefully. He recommended two new CD releases and after a few weeks now, I have purchased them and, I must say, I am enjoying them very much.

The first one was Coldplay's new release, X&Y. I like this CD all the way through to the hidden 13th track, "Til Kingdom Come." It is a mystery to me how fresh, but familiar this song is. I think you can watch/hear it here.

The other recommendation was the dual disk "In Your Honor" by Foo Fighters. Disk one rocks. Disk two sooths. Curious words..."Mine is yours and yours is mine/There is no divide/In Your Honor I would die tonight." I can see why they've put additional digital files on their CD to keep it from being ripped. Had this been released years ago, this is one I would have definitely stolen from my sister. (I would have also taken her Coldplay CD...along with her copy of the Sugar Hill Gang's album, "Rapper's Delight!")

I am hopeful, if not certain, that as I listen more closely I'll find a few more pearls from Foo Fighters and Coldplay. I am also certain that I'd sell the Sugar Hill Gang's album on ebay for less than $9.99.

1 comment:

Jeff said...

i said hip hop, hippy to the hippity...