Thursday, September 27, 2007

another samuel adams please

the statesman and patriot, that is...who said,

"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds."


This gives me hope that even when we're the minority (if we are?), the majority has to deal with us whether they like it or not. Therefore, I mean to start carrying a flask of gasoline and a lighter with me at all times.

It seems to me that that's what the early church did (who was a minority)...and then the reformers...and then the anabaptists...and maybe now, those of us who are emerging.

Burn baby burn!

4 comments:

Mary said...

can we have s'mores at the bonfire?

and can we apply the same to government. PLEASE?

Justin said...

i'm up for a little psychological/theological/philosophical/thought-provoking arson!

Justin said...

Hey TM,

Don't know where else to put this, but thought you would be interested in this video of Bono's acceptance speech at last springs NAACP awards. If you hadn't seen it, thought you would enjoy it!

Now playing @: http://camelbo.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Seriously, TM, I LoVeD BBT's book "Leaving Church." It was the most redeeming part of my seminary experience last year, and definitely the closest I've felt to God in a long time. Hope it moves something in you too.