Friday, June 01, 2007

update

For those interested in the what's up with me since leaving Campbell, here's a brief post with that info.

I finished a unit of CPE at WakeMed at the end of April. This was truly a profound experience for me, both personally and professionally. So much so, I wanted more and signed up to be the "on-call" chaplain for every Tuesday in May. This was tough, but I still want more. I'm not sure where this will take me. Stay tuned.

After finishing CPE, the Director of Spiritual Care at WakeMed offered for me to be a "contract chaplain" through August 31. If you haven't gotten it...meaningful stuff, folks.

Prayer and discernment has led me to accept an offer to serve Zebulon Baptist Church, as interim associate pastor. I help with pastoral care, worship leadership, and some other stuff ("as assigned by the pastor.") This is a good place and these are wonderful people. I know what some of you are thinking..."I can't believe TM is working for a church again!" A future post might let you in and why I would do this. In short, this is a great church, somewhere between mainline and evangelical (depending on who you're talking too) with good worship opportunities. It's a wonderful staff. And the office space isn't too shabby either.

I'm not enrolled in a counseling program (yet.) More on this in the future. Suffice it to say, I still want to pursue that, but I'm working through some logistical things before taking that leap.

All this means, I commute. And the gas prices aren't great for that. Nonetheless, I am gainfully employed for the time being.

On a spiritual note, I must say (to both of you reading this!), that taking this drastic journey in my life was right. I can't tell you the affirmation I have received since the day I resigned. God is good and my wife is much too gracious for a wretch like me.

2 comments:

Mip said...

hey TM,
glad to hear things are working out so well for you! too bad we didn't have any more random parking lot encounters :)

keep in touch & God bless you and yours!
-Melinda

kellrock! said...

i won't lie, i'm still a little bitter.

just kidding (sort of). i am glad you're enjoying your work - it is a good fit for you and you put up with institutional mediocrity for far too long.

i hope lunch is still a possibility in the near future. tell kim and the girls hello! *blessings*